blog collage

blog collage

Monday, January 6, 2014

#7 of 30!

Day seven.... It took me seven paintings, but I finally get to give you one with PURPLE in it.  Those of you that know me well know that I love purple and it is one of my favorite colors to paint.  All Fall I have been painting a series of semiabstract sunsets and this is a mini version of some larger ones I have been working on.  Notice the little sailboats against the horizon line!  As I write this post it is fifteen degrees outside my home, and with the wind chill it feels like one!  One degree....can't say that I have experienced that much in my lifetime living in the Carolinas.   I am thankful I have a nice warm home and a nice warm fireplace to sit in front of!  I hope wherever you are you are safe and sound and warm.  Picture yourself on the sailboat :)

#7 of 30
5x7, oil on panel
$100 / unframed
©2014KarenAlley

No comments:

Post a Comment