First of all, here were my reasons for NOT accepting the Challenge:
- What if I could not finish all 30? I'd be embarrassed.
- What if all my talent ran out after painting #10 or #17 or #28!?
- Just the word "Challenge" makes it sound hard. It's out of the norm, I'd probably have to work harder and longer.
- Time constraints. Could I plan it out that well? What about the two weekends when I was going to be out of town? I would have to have extras!
- It's a commitment. Do I really need ANOTHER commitment?!
- I have it in me. I COMPLETED what I started. I am PROUD of myself.
- My talent did NOT run out. Or at least I don't think so, everyone seemed to enjoy all of the paintings. (And 10 of the 30 sold!)
- I took the opportunity to play with different types of canvases, sizes, and techniques that I had not done before, and found many I will use again.
- A better planning of my day allowed me to accomplish much more than I thought I could. I need to apply this ALL the time. I would get much more done!
- Challenging yourself every now and then is a GOOD thing. Don't look at all the negatives, because THE POSITIVES WILL ALMOST ALWAYS OUTWEIGH THE NEGATIVES.
Have a great weekend!!!